The abego RegExpCalculator allows you to interactively test your regular expressions.
- Enter your regular expression in the "RegExp:" line
- Enter one sample text the RegExp should match in the "Input text:"
- Check if the text is correctly matched by looking at the "Result"
- A no matches means the text was not matched.
- Otherwise the matched text is listed behind , optionally followed by the list of matches of the "capturing groups".
- If the text is not correctly matched modify the "RegExp" until the bug is fixed.
- Once you found the "correct" RegExp verify it also works with other sample texts.
- Don't forget to check that the RegExp does not match "too much". Try out some "invalid input text" and check it is not matched.